BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, January 25, 2008

getting there

Hello ladies. I don't know why but i am suddenly amazed it's only Friday. I thought yesterday was Friday and now I feel like I have a bonus day! That coupled with the fact I only just realised it's a long weekend... bliss! (yes, the medications might be making me a little vague)
In true Spider form, realising that I was never going to get to wear it until i finished it, I have really knuckled down with Vanessa. I finally finished the front piece last night and decided to do the neck-line ribbing and join up the loose cross-over flap so the piece wouldn't get stretched while it languished in my knitting basket.
This is how much knitting i got out of one 200g ball of Bendigo 8 ply cotton.
And this is the bodice section calmly awaiting sleeves.Oh, and devil bunny wants apple.I also got my hair cut yesterday. First time in about 11 months I think. It was getting pretty dire. I tried one of the hairdressers at the Narrabundah shops and it was ok. I had a trainee shampoo and blow-dry my hair and that was something of an ordeal. Most painful shampoo ever and it took her about 45 minutes to blowdry. And then the hairdresser would correct her and then asked me (nicely) if she could show some styling techniques... i left looking like a weird cross between Barbarella and Fran Drescher. AND $80 lighter! I used to get my hair cut at RJ's in Qbn and they were really good - always did what you wanted, good advice, really know their stuff. And a haircut never cost me more than $55. Did a lot change in the last year or am I being naive. It just seems like a lot - it ain't as though I had foils or anything. Just a cut. took her about 20 minutes...

Anyway. At least I'm starting the new school year with a bit more bounce.

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2008 9:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still catching up on a month's worth of unread blogs, but all these bunny pictures made me squee!

     
  • At January 25, 2008 11:47 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    I've stuck with the same hairdresser for 8 years - a henna is 45 dollars - and she's brilliant - operates out of her home - no overheads!
    Love vanessa!

     
  • At January 25, 2008 3:00 pm, Blogger Olivia said…

    I think that price is pretty standard, at least for a reasonably fashionable salon. You could still maybe find cheaper in some suburbs. I spent years trying to find someone to build up a rapport with and be willing to pay the big bucks for (back when $50 was big bucks) but gave up and now I just take pot luck at Just Cuts ($25? something like that, more if you want shampoo, more again for blow dry) or John Brennan - similar idea, about $10 more.

     
  • At January 25, 2008 3:19 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Oooh new hairdo! I reckon $80 is a lot, compared to most places I've been of late, where I'm generally dinged about $30-$50. For $80 I'd expect a GOOD shampoo job and extra colour!

    The top is looking fabbo - what a lot of knitting from one ball of Bendigo :)

    Evil bunny! LOL!

     
  • At January 25, 2008 7:44 pm, Blogger Melinda said…

    Looking good... can't wait to see it with sleeves!
    I am a new English teacher too! Yay for us!

     
  • At January 26, 2008 7:06 am, Blogger AMCSviatko said…

    I go to Shi in Kingston where my haircut is $72 but that's because Boyd (the owner) does it. I believe if you have Tim or one of the other less experienced hairdressers it's less. You also get good magazines to read and either a picollo of sparking wine or a coffee for your money. And a decent shampoo and head massage (the sort that, if I were a dog, would have my leg thimping on the floor and my tongue hanging out with enjoyment...)

    So $80 sounds like a lot for what you got...

     
  • At January 26, 2008 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, bunny is very cute! Haircut doesn't sound like much fun, though :-(

    Jejune is right, that is a lot of knitting from one ball! It looks great - love the colour.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home