BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, January 19, 2008

tada!

Excuse very badly lit, and poorly styled photo... and lack of make-up, hair... effort or anything. Perhaps some better pics ought to be forthcoming, considering (as 2paw mentioned) i am the only raveler to knit this so far and ought to make something of an effort, oughtn't i?
Mohair cowl sweater from Knitting Magazine September 2007. Size 34" bust. Used 4.8 balls of Cleckheaton Studio Mohair. yep.
I like it. It's actually more flattering than it appears in this pic, is a great colour for my wardrobe and isn't too itchy (which is always a concern for me with mohair). The lace is enough to make it interesting (in appearance as well as to knit) and deals nicely with the shaping issue - creates enough movement that i don't look like i'm wearing a fluffy sack, without shaping proper. The fitted yet dropped shoulders are flattering and despite giving me nervous issues about proper sleeve lengths and sleeve top shaping.. seamed up effortlessly. As far as i could tell there were no errors in the pattern (the sleeve issue was my fault only from being a ditz).

Coming soon: Minimalist Cardigan for Mum (It's her birthday on 19th of March, can i do it? or will the stress of a new job, my own birthday and 100 gazillion sts in moss stitch finish me off? She requested it, and doesnt think it will be for her birthday but it WOULD kill two birds with one stone, right?), maybe Coachella (love it but am being strangely bothered by the realisation that i have no-where to wear it but can't let it go because i have the PERFECT yarn in the right amount), and/or Vanessa (who is but a lonely back piece and her cry is too weak at the moment).
Or perhaps, none of the above. You never know with me really.

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

PS all of us at chez Spidey are thinking of you Jejune. Big love.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2008 11:57 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    It looks very nice Ms Spider!! I particularly like the lace and the cool cowl neck!!

     
  • At January 20, 2008 7:37 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Just lovely - looks absolutely fabulous! mmmmm - are you waiting for some cooler weather?

     
  • At January 20, 2008 9:57 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Ooh! I love it!

    You know how today we were discussing how to get PDF files on websites? By accident I found www.box.net. might be worth looking into.

     
  • At January 22, 2008 12:56 pm, Blogger DrK said…

    its really lovely and looks gorgeous on you. well done!

     
  • At January 22, 2008 12:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow, that looks great! I love Studio Mohair.

    I reckon you'll finish the cardigan if you knit instead of marking. (BTW, this is Jenny from SnB the other day. Found your blog through other Canberran blogs!)

     
  • At January 22, 2008 2:37 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Beautiful work, Spidey, it's just gorgeous!

    And thank you - and everyone - for being so wonderfully supportive and loving at this time (following the death of my brother). My knit sibs are just the best.

     
  • At January 23, 2008 8:54 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Studio Mohair is one of my favourite yarns and this top looks wonderful. Well done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home