BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

smneh

(couldnt think of a title)
Had fun at SnB last night, apologies if I was a little embarrasing (glass of wine with dinner really tipped me over. Aren't meds fun?)

I'm getting through Vanessa. Finally completed the ribbing for the front and am now working on the wrap front v-neck thing. One side is complete and I'm doing the other side now. My couch really is very orange isn't it? i think that taking pics at night with the lamp makes it worse too. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying knitting it per say... I mean, Bendigo cotton is lovely and I like the colour but... this is definitely something I'm knitting because I want to wear it, not because I want to knit it.

I also started the Minimalist cardigan for Mum using Naturally Me in Burgundy. No pics becauseI have some idea of what that particular colour will look like against bright orange and I feel for all of your retinaes.

Winston is increasingly comfortable with us. He's actually pretty snuggly.I am also in the process of clipping Winston because he really gets overheated and when i go back to work next week he won't be inside in the cool all day.
It's slow going because I dont want to snip him and he becomes indignant quickly... and Monty is a little over-protective.He's a fair bit balder than that pic now and is already noticeably perkier - spring-bokking around the place. Very cute (even if he does look pretty strange, like the time i let my cousin cut my hair.. i was 4).

And how weird is it that Heath Ledger died? He was only 28!! Really weird. At least it wasn't death by sting-ray, don't think i could cope with that again....

'll leave you with a pic of a truly disgusting drink my monkey found at an asian supermarket - basil seeds with honey. un-be-lievable. eeeek. We both had a sip and then gave up. Horrid. (he says it is Thai)

Peace out
Ms Spider

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2008 6:59 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Some Asian drinks are veeerrrryyyyy sweet! - LOve the rabbit pics - they are absolutely gorgeous - you're so lucky (and I bet they're tidier than my kids!

     
  • At January 24, 2008 10:12 am, Blogger 2paw said…

    Yuck, I'll give that drink a miss I think. We are clipping The Labradors' nails at out house and it is a bit if a trauma, though, like you, everyone is much happier afterwards: those bunnies are so cute!! Love Vanessa, she looks excellent!!!

     
  • At January 24, 2008 6:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How therapeutic it must be to have a cuddle bunny like Winston. I imagine Monty is a bit more like velvet.
    And I love "Vanessa" too.

     
  • At January 24, 2008 9:49 pm, Blogger AMCSviatko said…

    Sea Monkey drink!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home