BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, February 01, 2008

on being a ghost

Hello ladies, excuse the dazed expression on my face. Does anyone else feel like they’ve been rather heavily dosed with tranquilisers? Or is it just a side effect of three days teaching PD in 30 something degree heat? Whatever the reason, I am slightly.. exhausted. This is my fourth day back at work and the last three days ended with my collapsing in a heap and sleeping through til dinner..

This has (not surprisingly) seriously impacted my knitting.

I have done a little more on Coachella but a realisation that the guage is not perfect and the drape isn’t quite me has slowed me down (knitterly denial has not allowed me to stop altogether). I do like the fabric I’m creating so I’m a little unsure where to go from here.

This morning on the bus I did a few cms of monkey’s 6ply Tiger socks (these are clearly not as miraculous as the parrot socks as I started them weeks ago).

Nothing has really held my interest: i want to knit, i really feel like knitting but i don't quite know what to knit. So i think if i get through this week with plans for next week and on top of everything then on Sunday I will allow myself the birthday gift of casting on whatever the hell i feel like. Thing is, I'm not quite sure what that is yet.

Alright, back to the salt mines

Peace,

Ms Spider xo

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At February 01, 2008 12:06 pm, Blogger Silky_dd said…

    I hope your first week has been going well.

     
  • At February 01, 2008 3:50 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Oh you poor thing. It always seesm to be the hottest when School goes back. I remember the apres school naps!!! We still have 9 days till teachers ahve to go back though I was there yesterday giving a little(and I mean little) hand. It is the Year of the Potato you know!!!!

     
  • At February 01, 2008 8:00 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Ugh, why on earth are you back at school now, you poor thing? College doesn't go back til next week - so I guess the high schools start earlier?

    I'm not surprised you're collapsing in a puddle at the end of the day! At least the weather should be cooler next week.

     
  • At February 01, 2008 8:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh yeah. I'm exhausted too! Hope you're all ready for next week :-)

    Tiger socks? Like, socks with tiger stripes??

     
  • At February 02, 2008 12:54 am, Blogger AR said…

    Hope you get some rest! Naps are the greatest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home