BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, January 16, 2009

Road trip: day 3

Morning at the Wang consisted of music videos and then a very large breakfast at our new favourite cafe. Mmmm, breakfast chips!

The first thing that drew us to Scribblers were the black and white tables, so TSS was a little disappointed by their only decent pepper-grinder...

We went by a yarn store and I saw a felted pear that was far inferior to the beautiful ones a certain lovely lady makes, so i took a snap for proof.

We then went to Wangaratta Woolen Mills, where there are a lot of signs to build the anticipation. the yarn fumes overcame me and I didnt think to take a photo of the inside of the shop... but be to fair, this is what we bought and it's a fairly decent reflection of what was once in the shops :p
bag in middle and left are mine... wasn't TSS a good girl? Her pruchases weren't even for her!

We then tore back towards Canberra, swinging by everything remotely resembling an op-shop on the way. The most memorable thing we saw would have to be this amazing sweater kit in Wodonga - with a pre-knit yoke! We didnt buy it, it smelled a little like moths and by that stage our purses were all a little light.

We made in to Canbbera by about 6.30 and collapsed in a heap.

BEST. TRIP. EVER.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2009 2:28 pm, Blogger Olivia said…

    Pre knit yoke is brilliant - who needs to do that pesky fair isle themselves anyway?!

    Keeping in mind I haven't had my afternoon coffee yet - for some reason as I scrolled down your pics I thought I was looking at a GIANT felted pear. About person height. Which would be awesome. Nicely spotted, anyway.

     
  • At January 17, 2009 10:32 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Lucky Lucky Lucky dicks

    What a great trip!!!!

    Whta great scores - I will be at wang in 3 weeks - I hope they've managed to re-stock since you were there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home