BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, October 20, 2008

assorted nonsense

Well, in a round about sort of way, I spent my weekend cleaning and drinking.

After the week back at school, Friday afternoon started with a few rounds of drinks at Tilley's with my co-workers... and sort of went from there. Monkey came and collected me, plied me with gluten-free treats from Deeks and then took me home to imbibe some more. Foolish child has still to work out the physiology of this Spider and was rather dismayed when one took oneself off to sleep at about 8pm. (Sleep was somewhat disrupted nonetheless, due to morons next door having very loud, drunken and boring conversations at the crack).

On Saturday we voted. YAWN. Then Monkey went off to work and I started to prebble*. The prebble became a full-blown clean and took up pretty much the whole day (I may be avoiding doing some marking). Beautiful friends and pseudo-relatives came around at about 6 and an evening of food, wine, board games and fibre-fun ensued. Much better explanation here.

Sunday was spent in a slovenly state after a very rude youthful magpie went "miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss" out in our garden at about 5.30 (and yes, strangely like one of my students) until I gave up on sleep and got up and... cleaned up the mess from the night before.

We also moved a few shelves around so the bunnies can be housed inside from now on. There are some neighbourhood cats that have been hassling them and Monty in particular gets very grumpy about it. They are still getting used to the new set-up but it is so far successful.

And I sorted out my earring collection yesterday. I think it's the teacher thing for me. Being relatively young, it's kind of hard to wear age-appropriate clothing that is not too revealing or innapropriate. a lot of the time I wonder if i look like lamb dressed as mutton, if you know what I mean. So... I guess I get my unconservatism on via my ear-wear.I'm rather proud of my collection, I only got my ears pierced when I was 17. I really like them to BE things, like fruit or animals or objects... there has been a good deal of recent movement, I blame etsy. I now have cats, rabbits, hello kitty, grapes, cherries, toadstools, watermelon slices, pea-pods, pears, upside-down flower pots, teapots, plums, strawberries, apples, daffodils, lady-birds, flowers, birds, 8-balls and cue-balls, fish, butterflies, buttons etc. It's rather nice.

Now I have exposed yet another side of my crazy to the world. Soon there will be nothing left! just a jumble of yarn and earrings.

Peace out,
Ms Spider xo

*prebble : a word my late grandmother used all the time, meaning to clean 'lightly' or superficially. Shoving all your toys under your bed so your mum would let you watch tv.... that sort of thing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2008 11:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What gorgeous ear-rings. It is hard to know what to wear to school, you can't be too over the top or avant garde, so those ear-rings are the perfect thing!!

     
  • At October 22, 2008 1:40 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Love love love the earring collection - I love my earrings and didn't wear them for ages while children passed throgh the earring pulling stage - now I'm BACK! Love the bunny photo! so cute!!

    Most of my housework degenerates into prebbling - I hate housework!

     
  • At November 10, 2008 1:30 pm, Blogger catsmum said…

    In my house it's generally referred to as "moving the deck chairs on the Titanic" - prebble is simpler and more succinct

     

Post a Comment

<< Home