BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, July 31, 2008

still alive

This little meme has been doing the rounds and I thought I'd throw it on (as it were) just to prove we're both still breathing. I'm ok, he's ok, life has just been weird. Transmission will resume when I can think of anything worth saying



Me: What is your favourite thing about my knitting?

Monkey: My socks.

Me: What is your least favourite thing about my knitting?

Monkey: Pointy sticks on the floor.

Me: What is something I have knitted, that you recall as good?

Monkey: Peacock Shawl.

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?

Monkey: Hell yeah. (Adds after I give him a look) I think you make it expensive... it's not like it needs to be.

Me: Any hobbies?

Monkey: Being awesome?

Me: Do you have a stash of any kind?

Monkey: Old computer bits?

Me: Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public?

Monkey: It was very embarrasing when you were knitting that uterus-bag-thing in public (He means the Snatchel which I have never knit, he is mentioning the most embarrasing knitted item he can think of)

Me: Do you know my favourite kind of yarn?

Monkey: Of course. You like yarns about pirates.

Me: Can you name another blog?

Monkey: Ooh, I would call it 'Pomegranite Sunrise'! No, hang on... 'Chunder Muppets'! (chortles at own hilarity). I know many other blogs. About knitting? knit and tonic, crazy aunt purl, um, cast-on, the yarn harlot.

Me: Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go?

Monkey: Not as long as I'm not required to have an opinion about anything.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?

Monkey: I do. But I also know you never make them. Even though I know you understand the importance of a swatch as well.

Me: Do you read my blog?

Monkey: When you tell me to.

Me: Have you ever left a comment?

Monkey: Yes.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?

Monkey: There wouldn't be as much stuff in it, so probably.

Me: Anything you'd like to add?

Monkey: (burps) No, wait, don't put that in! Ohhh...


Thankyou and goodnight.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2008 11:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    why dont u ever write about kniterati at school i made a quater of a scarf and everyone stole the needles and left but i didn'nt also did u here about season 8 of scrubs and ABC?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home