BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, April 08, 2007

rogue trading

The last week's been a little hectic. Lots of Uni work and prac coming up this week, easter, house sitting and my work reopening on saturday.
Yet somehow, beyond all reason (especially considering the yarn arrived on thursday), this is where i'm up to on my Rogue Hoodie. That's the whole body knit in the round up to the armpits, and the start of the back part.
I'm knitting it in Rustic 12ply from Bendigo and while it's not the softest yarn in the world my swatch washed up a lot softer and drapier (is that a word?). You may observe the delicious side cables (one under each arm) which incorporates all the body shaping... and stops the easily distracted knitter from becoming bored of all that stocking stitch. The lumpy hem is because i havent sewn the hem in yet.. it will turn out smooth i promise.
a close up of the yarn for more accurate disclosure of colour. ok, so it's more purple than that and slightly lighter, but in this you can see that the colour is made up of many colours of fibre... and its lovely and heathery. Or can you? anyway, take my word for it and i'll try to get a better photo soon. Can we at least agree that its a scrummy cable?

Oh yes, prac starts tuesday and i am a leeeeetle nervous. After the bitch-fest last semester its fair to say I'm a bit on edge... nothing like being the departmental whipping boy to raise the old self-esteem.
i did however pick up a gorgeous Table Eight suit from salvos for $25 which i happen to know is sold as separate pieces for well over $100 each... so at least i'll go in looking good. and you know its good karma to find a suit where the skirt and jacket are different sizes sold together... PARTICULARLY when they both are your optimum size!
As for my hair, skin, voice and general messy appearance... well, there's only so much you can obsess before you become a gibbering mess. If i put on a face and some earrings, my new suit and some killer shoes i might be able to convince my new faculty that i'm halfway competent (because would you give your 'good' classes to someone who looks like they need help buttoning their shirt?)

Having read that again i realise that my pms is glowing through. I rarely get cranky... just a little bewildered and sort of tipsy. well, if I'm honest about it, quite drunk on hormones. Sherpa finds it quite amusing. He makes loud noises because it tickles him that my reaction is to swipe at my ears rather than him. Honestly, he'll be great with babies "Look honey, he screams through his mouth when i hold his nose!"...

anyway, i'll probably show you some daylight rogue action tomorrow. Hope everyone had a nice easter/holiday/long weekend or whatever the PC term is for it these days.

The hormone-happy
Ms Spider xo

PS. Sherpa's show opens on Friday night! I'll be going opening night, tickets at Street Theatre, look here for cute and incriminating photos

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At April 08, 2007 10:11 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    That hoodie is looking might fine - impressive progress.

    The Sherpa is looking great in his costume (it IS a costume, right?)

    Thinking powerful thoughts for prac.

     
  • At April 08, 2007 10:30 pm, Blogger SoulCradler said…

    That was one of the most random and hilarious posts I've read in a while :-)

    I hope that your prac goes well, dress for confidence and you'll glide through.

    And the hoodie looks magnificent...although I was a little perturbed by the colour difference in the two photos!

    I hope the hormones settle soon.

     
  • At April 08, 2007 10:32 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    Ah hormones. Horribly nasty, bitchy things they are.

    The hoodie is looking magnificent. I've long admired that piece!

    hang in there for the prac. Sounds like you've done about as much pre-work on your nerves etc as you can.

     
  • At April 09, 2007 10:21 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Hoodie looks gorgeous - having seen it in person, it is a rick warm purple with flecks of blue and pinker purple - very beautiful. And the cables - oooh, you know I'm a sucker for cables :)

    With Table Eight suit on, killer shoes, and maybe a Valium or two, you'll be brilliant. But I know it's easy to say that from here - you're the one who's got to go through it, after all.

    Sherpa is looking very - fine - scruffy - straw-ey? I'll settle on FUNNY! Hope the production goes well! I'm sure he'll be the life of the party, I mean, production ;)

    And yah book sucks to hormones. Nasty little critters. Make them stand in the corner.

     
  • At April 09, 2007 10:22 am, Blogger Denise said…

    RICH warm purple, not rick. Man I wish we could edit Blogger comments :(

     
  • At April 09, 2007 1:16 pm, Blogger Georgie said…

    Yes indeed, scrummy cables and scrummy colour too. Looking great.

    More good powerful confident thoughts for your prac from over here too. And break a leg to Sherpa!

     
  • At April 09, 2007 3:37 pm, Blogger DrK said…

    mmmm rustic in damson....nice...and how can you be so far up that hoodie in such a short time you naughty girl you!! good luck this week...

     
  • At April 12, 2007 6:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That cable is gorgeous! I've never even attempted a cable, I don't always like the look of them - but I LOVE how the cable provides the shaping.

    I obviously missed the pre-emptive goodluck wishes for your prac, but I agree with you, there is something very special about finding a suit like that. It was clearly meant to be.

    jude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home