BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, May 13, 2007

on being all class... after class

thankyou all well-wishers and concerned onlookers. I am holding it together, despite the conspiracy of the universe.

for example:This enchanting little catasrophe luckily occured AFTER school on friday on the way to the bus. sadly, I had to catch the bus with students so i had to do that hilarious walk where you fake being in high heels and hope that nobody actually looked.
Oh and we have a mouse in the office. Sigh. and its way too cute for me to put out a trap and i figure live and let live... but is that terrible?

Classes have been going well enough. I'm much better at classroom management than I remember.. but then that's one of the things you develop as you go so I'm probably much better than i was on my last prac. And everyone has been very encouraging about me maybe getting a job there next year (if i get a good rating for my application etc, if you dont know about the crazy teacher rating business then email me some time... its like voodoo). And that would rock because i feel really good about Lyneham.

What else? not much has occured in the way of knitting... until this weekend. I'm up to the border chart on my seasilk shawl (the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark from Interweave Knits Fall 2006) but has marking and planning and essay questions to write so i guess thats a story for another night. It's a very small shawl (I'm only using 1 skein) but i think it will be just lovely. I've just finished the lily of the valley stitch and while p5tog is a bit fiddley and slows you down.. i really love the way the colours pop where the 'buds' are.With and without flash. The colour is pretty accurate on the second one, and sheen is unbelievable. If you're umming and aahing about this yarn.. take it from me. It's worth every cent.

Monkey's (Sherpa has definitely become Monkey) socks are on standstill. SSS hit hard (its not very nice yarn to knit with... the colours are good and strong but its just not the nicest yarn and i'm a snob). I'm not even through the first cable round on the second sock so i'm not going to waste the pixels by showing you.

Oh and our new housemate moves in this week. Not the best timing in terms of work-load and stress but it wont be too bad. She's the girlfriend of one of my oldest friends Phil and so i'll see a lot more of both of them.. but we're good enough friends that i can tell them if i need to be alone. parfait!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2007 10:46 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    I have to do an application in August and although its only a school gardening position the criteria is just as important as if I was going for a Pricipal position!!!
    Oh I frgot they seem to take delight in changing the form its presented as each time I apply.The last time I did it a lovely teacher inthe HS checked it over and although I had it pretty well covered she was able to fix it up a bit to make it almost fail proof!
    Im using the same application this time only adding a couple of different SAOs so itd not so much the same,LOL
    Sounds like you have it under control though in the class room!!! so well done and I hope it continues going well!!!!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 3:24 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oh wow, your Swallowtail looks beautiful!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 10:58 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Apparently Marilyn Monroe achieved her alluring wiggle by having one heel shorter than the other. Yours must have been one hell of a wiggle! ;)

    The shawl is divine. The p5tog sure makes a statement. My periwinkle (thank you) is still taunting me from the top of a basket. It is undecided what it wants to be as yet.

    Shame about the Monkey Sherpa's sock. Should we attempt an amputation?

     
  • At May 14, 2007 11:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, self inflicted huniliation in front of the kids!! "I was just seeing if you noticed anything was wrong!!!" Hope your show can be fixed. Glad to here your prac is going well: I think there are only 2 types of pracs- good and bad, not much in between really. Lovely knitting, the shawl is beautiful and the nups do 'pop' don't they??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home