BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, April 23, 2007

ah yes, this is the rogue hoodie blocking (complete with one foot in one of these socks... i'm such a geek). I'm a little unsure as to how to do the hood but i figure if it needs touching up i'll press it with an iron and a damp cloth when it's dry.
finishing the sleeves for the second time was slightly painful but i didnt mind too much - i would much rather have them fit! i also unpicked the hem for the body, picked it up and knit it in rib for a while longer - i had made a very short turn under hem in twisted knit stitch and it was trying far too hard to curl. While it was a pain - ever unpicked twisted knit stitches from the bottom up? awful!- I am glad i made the effort because the bottom hem sits much more neatly now and i don't want any distractions from the delightful cables.

I am quite pleased with the yarn, it has washed up nicely. but anyone knitting in Bendigo Rustic be warned: wash and rinse your finished object carefully as mine bled dye like nobodies business. Took about 12 gentle rinses to come out clearish. But that said, the different coloured fibres are even more gorgeous post wash - do not be detered gentle knitter! just take heed and make rational choices and ALWAYS hand wash ;)

With any luck Rogue will be dry enough to bring along to SnB tomorrow night for a proper, tactile unveiling. hope to see you there too.

Ms Spider

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2007 11:38 pm, Blogger Othlon said…

    oooo so pretty! VERY well done Yarn Sister. Inspires me to work on my Maria some more....but i hat better wait until I'm more awake ;)

     
  • At April 24, 2007 12:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is very pretty, I am trying to decide what colors/yarn to do mine in.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 7:08 am, Blogger DrK said…

    oh how do you get from woe to go so quickly?! i do the back of a wrap in the time it takes you to do and redo a complicated hoodie with cables!! what the!! really lovely tho :) and thanks for the tip re the rustic, hopefully my lighter colour wont bleed too much.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 7:21 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Doing the happy FO dance right now! Hope it's dry by tonight.:)

     
  • At April 24, 2007 7:38 am, Blogger catsmum said…

    very very nice.
    Interesting about the Rustic tho cos I've NEVER had it bleed. Felt? Hell yes, at the drop of a hat ! but bleed ? never... and now I'm trying to remember if I've ever used the really really dark colours.
    Maybe it's something in your water. I'm on tank here.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 8:53 am, Blogger Bells said…

    that's fantastic Spidey! So beautiful!!!!

     
  • At April 25, 2007 11:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you dye it yourself, or is that the damson colour?

    :D

     
  • At April 28, 2007 3:42 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Having seen it in person now, I can attest that it is MOST stunning and beautiful. I just love those cables, and the way the side shaping is incorporated into them.

    I can answer the yarn question for Monica, if you don't mind Spidey - yes, it's Rustic Damson. 12 ply I think...

     
  • At May 08, 2007 1:08 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oh wow, I SO want to make Rogue! Yours looks fab!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home