BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

workshop fun

Please excuse the less-than-thrilling post title - i've been self-medicating with pink champagne. To catch you all up on my tooth situation - i went to the dentist again last week, got nicely sedated and had my tooth investigated. Apparently i have two choices - $500 to have my tooth out (its the last molar in the row and i probably wont miss it), or have $2-3000 root canal. wooooh.


anyway . No more complaining. Most of the pain is gone and , apart from a wall-climbingly annoying case of what often happens when one takes anti-biotics, i'm feeling heaps better.

The sock workshop went brilliantly. Many lovely ladies attended and i was thrilled to infect so many newbies with the sock virus. here are a few snaps of the lovely group, carefully knitting away at their heels.
We skipped through most of the basic knitting-in-the-round stuff and jumped through to the heel stuff - i gave every one a teensy mini-skein of hand-dyed yarn and we just knit a heel! it worked really well and i'm confident that everyone left knowing they could deal with the teensy weensy needles and their respective patterns. it was a very enjoyable experience for me and (i hope) for everyone else.

My lovely housemate Vic (who is rapidly attaining sister status) is knitting her first pair of socks. I am SO proud. she went to cassidy's and bought several balls and lovely plain bottle green sock yarn but as it was for her first pair i made her take some self-striping patonyle. seriously, without the stripes i dont think anyone can be expected to get very far on their first pair.
She is suitably pleased with herself. She just got past the gusset decreases and 'only' has 18cm of plain foot to knit before the toe. We'll see about the second sock. There may need to be a brief sabatical between the socks. understandably.

Here is my monkey being scary.
Peace Out
Ms Spider

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At July 25, 2007 11:52 am, Blogger Denise said…

    It was definitely an excellent workshop, Spidey - and you were So well organised - notes, mini-skeins, even a ball winder and swift! Brilliant :)

    It was great to spend time with Vic, and see how well she's going with her sock - a yarn sister for sure :D

     
  • At July 26, 2007 11:35 am, Blogger Bron said…

    mmmmmmm pink champagne!

     
  • At July 27, 2007 3:38 am, Blogger Donna Lee said…

    Sounds like a very successful workshop. Sorry about the tooth. I had the same choice because the molar was being destroyed by the wisdom tooth and I opted for extraction. It is healed now but still feels funny to have my teeth end there especially since the upper molar is still there. Good luck with it, maybe some more of the champagne?

     
  • At July 27, 2007 10:12 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Sounds like the class was a great success!

    Sorry to hear your tooth is still sore. I had a root canal years ago on a middle molar, but now my (new) dentist reckons they should have just extracted it! Hardly worth saving with root canal, some of them he reckons. My tooth still isn't right, and he reckons the next time it gets an abcess he's going to take the thing out. Anyway, hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At August 03, 2007 9:45 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Teeth? Don't mention the dentist. This is the woman who is so dental-phobic she has to have drugs. One the night before, (so I can sleep and blot out the fear); one half an hour before (so I'm so totally zoned-out that I can't feel the fear). The dentist later told me that she knows I am "ready" because she secretly watches me knitting and when the stitches slow to an almost complete stop - well, then I'm "ready". I don't know whether to knit her a shawl or poke her eye out with a dpn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home