BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

spinning therapy

Toothache is still throbbing away and i'm going to the doctors soon to see what he thinks. i know this probably sounds crazy - why not the dentist? But it's not a tooth, its top and bottom of my jaw and i've been running a fever. So perhaps i need antibiotics, who knows.

I have been distracting myself with my spoils from the fibre day. i did very well if i say so myself.
this is a skein of polwarth tops carded with 10% silk from waratah fibres. It's very nice to spin with, very pretty and luminous.This is a 3-ply yarn i spun using optim wool (dyed pale blue) hand-carded with silk throwsters waste in green and purple - i plyed two singles of this wool with a strand of deep purple laceweight strung with silver core clear beads (these are quite small so they may not be visible in the photo unless you are really looking for them). It's just lovely, i'm calling it 'Moonstone'. There's only about 70 metres but its so pretty and soft - it might be cuffs for something.
Here they are together.And here is what i'm getting on with - a little merino spinning, another cuff option for my turtle walk socks and possibly another pattern in the mix.

Peace out!
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At July 10, 2007 8:03 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Oh, ALL so pretty *faints*

    Hope you've got some answers about that painful jaw - doesn't sound even vaguely pleasant.

     
  • At July 10, 2007 9:53 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    beautiful Ms Spider.

    You know, if it's a gum issue, you might need to see a periodontist. If that's what your dr suggests, let me know and I'll talk you through who you might want to see. I've got one I've been seeing for years (there aren't many in town). Gum pain can go into your jaw.

     
  • At July 10, 2007 11:09 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Oh you poor thing with the pain! Mouth pain is an awful thing (any pain is awful - let's face it).

    Those skeins are lovely! The first one especially speaks to me and I'm not even a fan of purple ;-)

     
  • At July 10, 2007 11:19 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    With beads? Be still my beating heart!

    Hope the doc comes through.

     
  • At July 11, 2007 5:42 pm, Blogger catsmum said…

    all gorgeous but which is more accurate for colour I wonder?
    The jaw/temp sounds as though you maybe have a deep seated abcess but it could even be infected sinuses [ been there done that with both and know how nasty they make you feel ]
    Hope some TLC and appropriate antibiotics has you feeling spiffy again soon :]

     
  • At July 11, 2007 8:29 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    I agree it sounds like sinus,if you feel it in more than a couple of teeth it could be that! Hope your feeling better soon!
    Love that pretty blue yarn!!
    Im trying to finish the machine washable laps before starting anything else!

     
  • At July 11, 2007 9:34 pm, Blogger Georgie said…

    Hope the doc sees you right and youre feeling better soon, poor thing.

    Those yarns are just breathtaking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home