BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

and we're back!

Not that anyone was bothered by it except me... but the nets been down for two days. Some stuff up when we changed provider (ask Sherpa... i dont get it. My brain just isnt wired that way).

But now we (apparently) have very-fast internets. Which is a Good Thing TM for HappySpider yarns.
I have a tendency to get fed-up with Flickr because it seems to take SO LONG and then i dont even upload half the yarn i dye, so i dont put it on eBay and more often than not i end up passing it along. Which is great for my yarn karma but not so good for my wallet. SO keep an eye out (link in the side-bar) because there should be lots of new yarns going up in the next week or so.

I just got back from the Lyneham High production of West Side Story. Yeah, i know, you thought i was done there, right? But SO many of my students were in it... including the girl who played Anita who was a total bombshell by the way, i could have burst with pride! Sherpa was very tolerant and allowed himself to be dragged out into the weather in the middle of the week.
Thankfully with prac out of the way, and therefor i'm actually doing cooking and cleaning again, it's all quiet on the western front. 3 weeks ago i totally wouldnt have pushed the issue but i was NOT missing the opening night for anything :)

I've been doing a little on the wheel and a little more on the needles, and when i locate my camera (tomorrow) i'll get you up to speed. But right now i have a boy who's doing the morning shift tomorrow who needs to be shovelled into bed to avoid the grumpies tomorrow.

Peace out,
Ms Spider

PS. Heard about Knit 1 Blog 1? I'll be exhibiting a few items including the rogue hoodie and my peacock feather shawl if you want to see them up close and personal. I will also be (drumrolllll) teaching a couple of workshops! Huzzah! Jejune and I will be running a Knitting First Aid workshop together (which is exactly what it sounds like) and i will be running a beginning sock knitters workshop! So, if you're keen to get the word on socks or have a friendly hand help you tink, keep an eye out hear for further details. I'd love to see you there :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At June 27, 2007 11:58 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Look forward to seeing what's been off the wheel and on the needles. The yarn you've had up this week is completely drool-worthy.

     
  • At June 28, 2007 9:10 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Glad you have your Interbets again! Looking forward to seeing what you've got on the go :)

    And yay for a sock knitting workshop! The Knitting First Aid class should be fun too. Dotter and I are delivering our knitted goodies to Knit 1 Blog 1 tomorrow.

     
  • At July 11, 2007 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow- so young and so gifted!! Btw I happen to be a dentist and after reading your account of a 'toothache', I think it's still a good idea to perhaps get a dental check as you can often get referred pain from such things as an inflammed wisdom tooth etc (especially given your age). Antibiotics may help but sooner or later the problem may recure if the cause is a tooth. If you do need a good dentist I can recommend one of my colleagues Dr. Stephen Lising (he's good! Tell him Susan and Louis Chan recommended him from Sydney)

    Suite 1, McKay Gardens Professional Centre Turner ACT 2612
    ph: (02) 6162 0512

    All the best,
    Susan (a very amature knitter)

    P.S. I used to watch Pretty in Pink over and over with my little bro!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home