BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, June 22, 2007

follow up

So my application is in. ARG! it's very scary - it's the first non-retail job I've ever applied for... and it cost me my last $30! $20 for a new passport photo and $10 for my academic transcript. Here's hoping it pays off, but i think i'm going to have to get a lot of yarn dyed this weekend or i'll be eating textbooks by next week.

While writing the thing today and waiting for the right bus and such, i did some spinning. When i got home from a run around Uni and a visit to the recruitment unit i did some more. And here is the resulting yarn. It's a fairly fine silk 2-ply spun from silk handkerchiefs i bought at the wool celebration thing. It is veeerry lush and pretty and shiny and mmmmmm.
I include pics with and without flash... neither is really right or wrong. Silk is a very changeable medium, its all down to the lighting. Any suggestions on what it might like to be? It's about 100 metres, and probably about 30 grams or so. (i am too lazy to hunt for my scales).

Anyway, i still have an essay to write and my intern relief application to put in.. but the semester is almost over and i'm at a bit of a loss. always the way - you cant think because you have to so much to do but you cant relax when there's time off because you feel like you should be doing something!

the somewhat calmer
Ms Spider

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2007 3:47 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Here's hoping your application gets you the job you're looking for! Scary to have used up your last $$ on it, too :(

    The silk is just divine ... I bet it would love to be a silky cowl thingy!

     
  • At June 26, 2007 10:22 am, Blogger DrK said…

    im thinking it might like to be in my stash basket so i can look at it all day. shall i send my new address :) k xx

     
  • At June 27, 2007 9:57 am, Blogger Georgie said…

    fingers crossed for you spidey.

    the silk is just lovely, but my brain is too fried this morning to help with naming. I like jejune's suggestion of a cowl though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home