BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, May 14, 2007

on guilding the lily

Against better judgement I have knit away at the shawl and completed it tonight. I include for your interest a picture of it just cast off... looking very messy.Hmm.. sorry, i just uploaded the picture and noticed how blurry it is... lets just say its deliberate to add to the anticipation shall we?
I just soaked it and am about to block it - it smells about a million times more like seaweed when it's wet! It's a bit scary! And not much dye came off it, the water just went a little grey. Nothing major.
Hope to have another pic for you tomorrow :)

The busy
Ms Spider

PS. i have my uni person coming to observe me teach tomorrow - wish me luck!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2007 11:37 pm, Blogger AR said…

    Good luck, but of course you'll do fine.

    Pretty shawl. I love the close ups from a couple of posts ago. Very nice!

     
  • At May 15, 2007 7:16 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Hope it goes well today. Look forward to seeing the shawl. :)

     
  • At May 16, 2007 9:15 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Hope the seaweedy smell has gone by now! Perhaps it's meant to be a mermaid's shawl?

    Good luck with being 'watched' - well, actually I reckon there's no luck in it - your innate skill and ability will pull you through with shining colours :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home