BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I believe I can ply

So.. where did i leave off?

Prac is good but i'm on my full load of classes now and its a leetle bit exhausting. i'm two days away from duty of care and i cant WAIT! it will be so awesome :)

Of course the annual day of fibre-whoredom was on at the bus depot markets on sunday and i was not to be outdone. Helen Ridden of Waratah fibres only laughed at me the third time i went back... which shows a kind and generous spirit i think.

here is the haul (sans the stuff i've already spun)

And here is some lovely fibre dyeversity merino... which was going along very nicely until i realised i was more tired out that i thought. Why do i have two skeins out of a 50g bag of fibre? because i (somehow) managed to spin the singles in opposite directions so they would not ply. so i had to do the old andean plying bracelet mejigger (not a real word) and ply them both on themselves. Humf. Monkey was very amused. If you look closely you will see that one is an s-twist and one is a z-twist. bastards.
Have started some leg warmers to wear under my trousers at school... gets a bit nippy!

Anyway, better go and locate some vaguely presentable clothing.

ciao
Ms Spider

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2007 9:36 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    S or Z it's gorgeous. Well done.

     
  • At May 24, 2007 11:56 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Yes the colours are divine,I must get cracking on my own stash!

     
  • At May 24, 2007 11:59 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Just beautiful Spidey, even if it's a bit twisted one way or another.

    What does it mean to be two days away from duty of care? Does it mean you've completed some part of your training?

     
  • At May 24, 2007 12:24 pm, Blogger catsmum said…

    having not got to the plying stage yet I have no idea how likely it is that one would produce them plied in opposite directions. Any light you could shed on that for the unwary neophite spinner would be good.

     
  • At May 27, 2007 7:11 am, Blogger AR said…

    Great colors! Have fun. I think your yarn is gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home