BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, July 01, 2007

no great surprise

Of course, it has previously been well established that i am, in a word, hopeless. It is not even remotely the same day i said i would put up pictures.
Well, no matter.

I have been busy.
I finished these:
I started these.It's Lorna's Laces in Bittersweet that has been marinating in my stash for over a year! It's the falling leaves sock pattern from a back issue of Creative Knitting (the Aus one)... well i jiggered it a little (a fair bit) but it's the same lace pattern. These are for me me me.
I have been spinning a fair bit also. after the bout of fine 2ply wool i pulled out my stash of silk handkerchiefs and caps... and here is the resulting yarn.From left to right - 37g/200m laceweight silk, 35g/300m laceweight silk, 25g 4ply (approx) silk, 75g/80m 12ply merino/optim/silk tweed (hand-carded).
It is so beautiful it would make you cry... and just to really get you tearing up, i'll have it up for sale at the Knit1Blog1 exhibit. I figured... it's a one off thing and it will leave me room in my fibre-stash for more silk and wool... i may cave in and hang on the them... but i want to sell them too.
Oh and the next fibre day is in a week and i am fairly broke which is most unfortunate... i'm dying to go wild again since i've nearly spun everything i bought last time. i guess i'm kind of rationalising spending more money by selling what i bought last time... sound logical?

Also, my sock workshop will be on the 22nd of July from 11.30-1.30pm and is called 'the Heels and Toes of Socks'. I am trying to have a sock at every relevant stage so i can show hands-on. Participants will also receive a workshop package including patterns, tips, where to buy sock yarn, sock yarn reviews and anything else i can think of. If you're considering coming along and theres something you think needs to be included let me know. I will also be providing my entire sock book library for previewing as well as numerous examples of socks of varying difficulty levels. There will also be HappySpider Sock yarn for sale during the class, but you're most welcome to bring you own :)

I think that's it for now (except that i'm filling out my temporary intern employment package thingy and its a pain... particularly as i cant get next semester's enrollment finalised.)
Hope to see you all on thursday at SnB, i feel like i havent been in a year and i MISS IT!

ciao,
Ms Spider

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At July 02, 2007 9:49 am, Blogger DrK said…

    aaagh! i cant tell you how much i want to be there to take my sock knitting to the next level. i still get little ladders at the corners and its time i moved up to socks with patterns and i have no sock-mistress to teach me anymore *weeps*

     
  • At July 02, 2007 9:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Penny - I wish I could be there (and I covet your yarn - yum) - what a pity you can't do a web based workshop for your out of state fans!!

    Cheers
    Ceri

     
  • At July 02, 2007 10:53 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Stunning socks and yarn as ever, Miss Spidey!

    I suppose I'd better post something on my blog about the classes I'm teaching, hadn't I? Your sock class sounds very excellent, I'm sure it will be packed!

    Good luck with the application - gotta love those forms (well, no actually you don't...).

     
  • At July 03, 2007 2:08 pm, Blogger Knit1 Blog1 said…

    thanks for promoting Knit1Blog1 Penny - and how about that yarn - its beautiful. I think we will be lucky to swee it here at Craft ACT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home