BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

since when do spiders have teeth anyway?

So, the dreaded visit to the dentist was today. and... it's bad. I dont know how this happened, i floss, i brush twice a day...
but somehow, the X-ray of my molars looks (very vaguely) like this. That black scribbley bit is decay. and yes, it looks like it might be into the nerve. which, yes, may mean root canal.
I am on anti-biotics and i have a nice long invoice which suggests that i may be very lucky that my parents are still helping with health-care stuff. I am cranky. I am sore. I am also kind of relieved. It's the first time in the last 10 years (apart from the leg-slicing incident) where a Dr has said "Wow, ok, yes there's something wrong" instead of "well... i don't know. It's nothing obvious. Are you sure you feel like death?".


I'm also kind of amused - my dr told me not to floss when i went to see him last week, and when i told my dentist that she nearly had cardiac arrest.


Let's distract ourselves with some knitting.

I am currently working on the key-hole top from interweave knits.
Yes this one:I'm about this far. Well, I'm exactly that far actually. that's the waist band, all the way up to the arm pits and part of the right back. I'm enjoying it but knitting cotton always hurts my hands a little. And let no-one think the irony of my knitting this when it's 5 degrees outside and knitting thrummed mittens in the middle of summer is lost on me. I am clearly a crazy person (but i have an excuse now, i have a tooth trying to make a break for it!).

Still working away at my sock stuff. It's all done, i'm just polishing the workbook thingy i'm writing for participants - so far we have three original sock patterns, some yarn reviews and information and basic information about heel-flap socks. I'm pretty happy with it... but i am also a perfectionist. So we shall see.

Back at uni and it sucks bollocks, i have five hours straight of socio-cultural politics in education every monday. Beware the cranky-pants, they'll be giving me a major wedgie by the end of that. erk.

Off to numb myself with 80's movies, nurofen plus and knitting.

the grumpy,
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At July 17, 2007 4:33 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    That is extraordinarily crap news about the tooth.

    Keyhole is looking mightly lovely. There's nothing at all odd about knitting a cotton top in the middle of winter - you don't want to greet the first day of spring without the appropriate knitwear. Besides, it's summer somewhere.

     
  • At July 17, 2007 5:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sad to hear of your dental traumas. Hope you are well soon!! Nothing silly about being prepared for the new season!!!

     
  • At July 17, 2007 8:37 pm, Blogger Georgie said…

    At least you've got an answer about the tooth. Very crappy that it may be root canal though. Yuk. But yay for parents who help out (and boo hiss for govts who think dentistry doesnt deserve to be funded by medicare).

     
  • At July 17, 2007 9:33 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Sorry to hear about the dental disaster - hope it can be fixed soon, and all that unseemly pain can get lost.

    Knitting is looking great as usual! And I don't envy you the politics on Mondays - how much longer do you have to suffer at Uni?

     
  • At July 18, 2007 7:19 am, Blogger DrK said…

    ah crapola. like you say, you shouldnt have teeth to be worrying about. and the top is really lovely. as for uni, trust me, it never stops.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home