BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, October 12, 2007

black dogs and garden tours

I'm having a strange week. Anyone who is watching the SSS blog will know i appear to be churning out socks at a rate of knots. It's not as bad as it looks, i had quite a few half pairs (and still do) and am just trying to get on top of them. but still, 12 days in and i'm 5 socks down.

Also this week i was forced to admit to Sherpa that my black dog is well and truly hunkered down.. and has been for some time. I think its been since i first went to the dentist and got told i needed root canal on top of $2500 worth of cavity dealing-with-ness.
I'm ok with my black dog usually. I mean, it's not my favourite thing, but i cope. I hand in essays, i dye yarn (not as diligently mind you), i go to work. and the only way i cope, really, is to pretend it isnt happening. Just get on with it, you know? and while Sherpa needed to know.. because it's starting to effect my uni work and there is mild concern about not finishing this year (which would KILL me) and of course it's his business because.. thats a full-paid job next year i'd be missing if i dont graduate... it kind of sucked to have to admit it. Because now it's out there and i feel worse. the rug has been pulled out from underneath me and i'm sitting here feeling sore and naked. so that kind of sucks.

to distract us from such sombre-ness, i'm going to take you on a tour of the garden. It's nearly a year since the first one, so i thought it was about time.

My own little Floriade: i put in some tulip bulbs months ago and totally forgot what colours i had, so it was a real treat when they finally exploded.
The banksia rose out the front. Gorgeous plant, didnt get great flowers last year because i HAD to prune the thing back (it was totally taking over). now of course the weight of the flowers is pulling it over and i need to wire it a bit.. train it to give some shade (i see myself with a little garden seat having a nice summer reading nook).
Random pink flowered plant that suddenly flowers when one least expects it. I never water it so it must be pretty resilient.
Random blue bush. i should know the name but i dont. all i know is it sheds little white stamen things in my hair when i walk under it, and the bees go nuts for it.

Now blogger is being cranky and refusing more pics. Lets call this part one and i'll show you the back garden another time.

Peace out,
Ms Spider xo

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2007 3:32 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    The blue flower is a Ceanothus or a California Lilac. We have one in our backyard also but yours looks a lot healthier. Your whole garden looks wonderful in fact.

    I hope your Black Dog goes off for a walk soon.

     
  • At October 12, 2007 3:36 pm, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    Hey hon, *hugs* 0 I'm trying to think of ways to get my black dog to get lost somewhere. I'm tempted to try play a game of fetch, but so far, he keeps coming back.

    Hang in there. We can try do something about our dogs together...

     
  • At October 13, 2007 9:46 am, Blogger Denise said…

    (((hugs))) - those damn black dogs need to be take out back and shot.

    If there's ANYTHING I can do to help... honestly. Do try to hang in there with your studies, if you can possibly bear it - you've got such a good job situation lined up, and you seem to get such a buzz from teaching, don't let it slip away. I know, easy to say, much harder to actually DO when life is just a black hole and nothing is interesting or fun any more. (((more hugs)))

     
  • At October 13, 2007 9:56 am, Blogger Silky_dd said…

    *hugs* hang in there hon. we're all here to support you in any way we can.

     
  • At October 15, 2007 7:23 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Bloody black bog won't leave us alone, will he?!? I'm so sorry to hear that it is affecting you so badly. I hope you feel better soon and that you get on top of it all. Big hugs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home