BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, October 01, 2007

public holidays are go!

so my monkey is home :) and as almost his first act once through the front door.. he broke one of my tape measures. He did try to fix it, which i found deeply hilarious. i share for your viewing pleasure.
His being home has naturally been somewhat of a handicap to my knitting.. yet here we are nonetheless:
today is of course the first day of the Southern Summer of Socks and i have a new pattern, yarn and beads and have cast on.. but tragically i have reached the yoke of my sweater and it whimpers at me if i leave it alone.
so SSS has started for me... but wont get properly underway until i have cast off the sweater i think. but really... cables. do you blame me?

Oh and i finished my first peacock sock.. so the pattern is pretty much sorted but i'm too frazzled at the moment to sort out a pdf..I've been thinking about SSS and what i want my goals to be. it would be fair to say i'm in my element with socks.. and knowing me, giving a quantity i want complete is less that useful. all i will say is i want to:

  • Complete (or frog) and unfinished pairs.
  • Write up all my sock patterns properly, as in pdf files.
Does that sound reasonable?

happy day off to all Aussies!
Peace Out,
Ms Spider

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At October 01, 2007 4:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did he break a tape measure- maybe I don;t want to know!! Your jumper is looking really good!!!
    We don't have a holiday here today. :-( Only some states do.....
    Happy sock knitting.

     
  • At October 01, 2007 9:30 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    Yeah what's the story with the tape measure? Did he stand on it? Pull it out too fast and snap it?

     
  • At October 02, 2007 2:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY! Monkey is back! :)

    I think your SSS challenges are perfect - can't wait to see all of those patterns in PDF. You should start making some cashola out of them :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home