BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, September 22, 2007

5 sleeps left

well, i'm past the halfway mark. i was doing quite well up to a point... and then i got some fabulous news and it was just too much that my monkey wasnt here to celebrate with me. so i've been a little contrary, swinging between deeply glum and embarrasingly cheery.
but the news is... i got an early offer of permanency for next year! of course it relies on my completing my course work and graduating and everything but it is just SUCH a relief... but yes, sad to not have him here to be happy with me...

Have been knitting (who's surprised?). Borrowed Vic's camera so i actually have some things to show off :)
firstly, a better pic of my vest. Love. It.
because i finished that i needed another sweater... so i eventually decided on Pam Allen's Wheat-Ear Cable Yoke Sweater from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I'm using cleckheaton country that i 'won' on good yarn karma. it's not brown like the cable detail and its not as purple as the other pic... stupid camera.
I'm enjoying it. I'm a bit over for gauge but i really wouldnt want to knit this yarn any tighter.. and i feel like i need a slightly roomier sweater for bloated days ;) i'm enjoying it, though it was a real relief to hit the cable charts finally - all that stocking stitch was making me a leeetle crazy.

Oh and my shawl is progressing slowly. this is the silk i spun and it is SO fine, cant get over it. i think this is a long-term commitment WIP.

And i've been doing a lot in the garden of late - it's my baby! i visit my plants several times a day.. does that make me a geek?
today i edged the vege patch with brick-things. I've done this to my flower beds but hadnt got to the vege patch until today. it was a bit of an effort (bloody hot today!) but i'm glad i went through with it - it makes it so much easier to keep the grass out and the veges in. and it looks purdy. ignore the slightly uneven height of the edging... it just shows where i was impeded in my digging by the presence of trees ( we have these weird ornamental pistachios that i'm never sure how to prune.. fact is i'd like to take them out. why plant something if it doesnt make nice flowers or something you can eat? not even decent shade? weird)
and yes, lots of my veges have gone to seed. so much easier than buying more seed really... self sowing lettuces are a godsend in summer...

anyway, i have to go knit a front piece and two sleeves before i get to do the fun cable yoke-y bit so i'm off. thanks for all the kind words.. i'm ok. just missing my geekier half, you know ;)

Peace Out,
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At September 22, 2007 9:53 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    squeeeeee - great news!!!!
    Are you at Lyneham high? There are some yr 8sh boys from there that sit near me on the bus - they are hilarious (in a teen boy kind of way!)

    Its crazy how different the colours in the photos are - you woudn't imagine they could be so different, hey?

    I have also been with the gardeny this week, and I am so pleased to hear that I'm not the only one who visits my plants!!!

    Ooh, and I'm totally interested in your pinky/purpley/bluey/grey(ey?) yarn =)

     
  • At September 23, 2007 7:41 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Completely normal to visit you plants and give them little encouraging chats. Just don't tell them that they will be food soon; that would be cruel. ;)

    The cable detail is gorgeous and just as well it's bottom up, really; or you'd go completely mad without the cable reward at the end of the stocking stitch.

     
  • At September 24, 2007 10:06 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    SUCH wonderful news about the job - well done you clever bunny!!

    Love those cables, but you knew I was going to say that, didn't you? Hope to see you at SnB tomorrow, should be there with Dotter and BoyFriend in tow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home