BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, September 06, 2007

a very bad day

I like to believe in karma... and after today i'm kind of wondering what i did that was so very very wrong! or maybe i'm just due something pretty fab now.

did you know that Action buses are considered by action to be 'on time' if they arrive 7 minutes either side of their estimated time of arrival? you see wherer i am going with this? i am nearly always running after the bus (awkward if it's a heel day).
This morning i was prepared. I had my shower the night before. I was ten minutes early for the bus. it was late for the first time ever. and i discovered that i didnt have my wallet. OR my phone. and my keys are attached to my wallet.

Yes.

I walked back home and discovered that by some freakish coincidence all the windows in my house were closed. This rarely happens because i like the fresh air and with share houses someone tends to be here all the time. unfortunately, Monkey was at work and Vic and Phil were down the coast. after trying (and failing which stressed me out even more) to break a small window with a brick wrapped in a sack i tried the miniscule loo window... and it was open. It is NEVER open. It is usually locked! i sure as hell did not open it. It is also approximately 15cm wide and 1.5 metres off the ground... over the toilet. my years of gymnastics pay off.

Then the taxi was late.

Then when i got to school i was rostered on with a class every line, all day and a lunchtime duty outside with the new rule that we have to wear bright orange high-visibility vests. orange is SO not my colour.

Got home to discover i had only been paid for one week of work instead of two.

then i had a dentists appointment (which cost more than my one week's pay) which resulted in two fillings, three needles and some serious drill interference to my gums and root of my tongue.

i got home from the dentist, had a big cry (much to Monkey's concern) and then ordered thai food and watched Monsters Inc. Resisted urge to get blazing drunk. too spaced out from anastheasia to knit. sigh.

So. I didnt go to SnB. I wanted to... but i could only chew without eating the inside of my mouth half an hour ago and i dont like to be seen drooling in public (might make the yarn sticky).

I'll get back to you all when i'm feeling a little less like god hates me.

the worn out
Ms Spider

PS. i have a plethora of new books from amazon that i will review for you soon, as soon as i come to terms with god hating me.

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At September 06, 2007 10:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have my sympathies. I think it's a moon phase, hang in there :)

     
  • At September 06, 2007 10:43 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Getting all the shite stuff over in a single day - well done! Missed you tonight.

     
  • At September 06, 2007 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is ALWAYS the way it happens. The one day I was late for school, I had to take a sick dog to the Vet and I rang to let school know, there was the Principal waiting at my classroom with a new student and parents. You poor thing, though this augurs well for tomorrow, it can only get better. The holidays start tomorrow here, do yours?? I hope they do, you sound like you deserve one.
    PS Those vests are so bad. My friend refuses to wear one, at Primary school the children should be able to see the tall, adult teacher!!!

     
  • At September 06, 2007 11:35 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Ohh never mind ,weekend is nearly here!!

     
  • At September 07, 2007 12:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh spider! I hope you can be happy again soon.

     
  • At September 07, 2007 7:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *jaw drop* That is just the most hideous day ever.

    I'd prefer to think of your day, not in terms of karma, but more in terms of excellent time management.

    Your quota of crappiness is surely over for a long time now, and this short, sharp burst of utter shitness is just clearing the way for the good stuff AND the time to enjoy it.

    xoxo

    Thinking of you

     
  • At September 07, 2007 10:03 am, Blogger Olivia said…

    You did have a sucky day, but new books! Things are looking up. Hope that is the end of the dental saga for you, at least.

     
  • At September 07, 2007 3:36 pm, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    *hugs*
    At least today is Friday, and you managed to survive yesterday.

    Have a good break this weekend, but well done one not losing all of your sanity. :)

     
  • At September 07, 2007 4:35 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    I think you've got all the crap things for the next month over and done with in one day! Ugh, day-glo orange vests. WHY?

    Looking forward to stealing, um, no, damn, seeing those books. Yeah. Seeing.

    Hope your weekend is better :)

     
  • At September 10, 2007 10:00 am, Blogger DrK said…

    well that just totally sucks, but i think you are right about something fab on the way. surely. hope you are feeling better after the weekend.

     
  • At September 10, 2007 10:26 pm, Blogger Neet said…

    Bugger! Not fair to have all that happen to you at once.
    Were you sneaking looks over your shoulder to see if the neighbours were watching you trying to break into your own house? Must've looked funny!!
    Hope things start getting MUCH better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home