BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

my cranky-pants are giving me a wedgie

hello all. I'm just going to begin by apologising if i come across as a little cranky today. If i do, there is a reason... however poor:

I have flu.
AGAIN. Is it just me getting a whopping case of the "poor-old-Spideys" or have i been crook a lot lately? anyway, it's pissing me off big-time. Which means I am not sleeping properly, not working.. in fact i'm basically spending most of the day on my butt trying to drink enough fluids that my throat doesnt give out on me. so yeah. cranky.

It does, however, allow time for knitting.
Cambio is trailing along. here it is as i knit the second sleeve on dpns. I find cotton hurts my hands a little... and 200 odd stitches back and forth in Stocking stitch is maddening at the best of times. But i enjoy the product, sitting in my lap, the blue beads glowing in the sunlight. here it is, after both sleeves have been attached and the raglan shaping started.This cotton really is ridiculously soft and drapey. A dream. I cant wait to wear this baby.
there are a few (everyone who knows me just laughed out loud, didnt they?) WIPs lying around but i cant quite put my mind on them just now. In a few days i may show you what i am up to with this lovely hand-painted mohair my future MIL gave me..

I did a little spinning today after i got my balance mostly back (you know how when you're sinuses are stuffed up, and your ears are all blocked you start to wobble a tad?). I've been at this silk for some time. It was a whole lotta silk caps and i (rather foolishly) decided to spin it super fine. Great idea, right? wrong. I started this about... mmmmm.... 6 weeks ago? finished, finally... and i do love the product. and its easier to knit something out of 450 metres of laceweight than it is to knit something out of 100 metres of 4-ply... but it was a trial. I'm glad its over!I include my thumb nail for gauge.

The lovely persons who volunteered their services as test-knitters ( i have chosen two) will find an email of the pattern in their inbox soon... well, as soon as i am happy with the one i have written up. Thankyou for offering :) :)

Ok. Now i seriously need my beauty sleep.

The crook'n'cranky
Ms Spider

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2007 9:33 am, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    I know exactly what you mean about feeling sick all the time! Feel better! Have some hot tea, that does actually help sometimes. :)

    And that silk looks fantastic! Beautiful work and a gorgeous colour. :)

     
  • At August 23, 2007 1:37 pm, Blogger Georgie said…

    Stay warm and hydrated m'dear.

    I do love that silk, it's got such a lovely deep colour.

     
  • At August 23, 2007 9:01 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Take it easy and get plenty of rest - speaking from recent experience this nasty flu bug that's besieging all and sundry is not one to be ignored.

     
  • At August 23, 2007 11:08 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Oh no! Sick Spidey is not good! Hope you feel better soon.

    The laceweight looks divine. And the Cambio looks STUNNING!

     
  • At August 23, 2007 11:20 pm, Blogger Donna Lee said…

    Because I work in a health care environment, they "strongly encourage" us to get flu shots every fall. I know the push will come on soon. I have managed to get the flu every time I got one of the shots and to remain flu-free when I refused. Hmmm, I think I will be strong and refuse this year. I hate the feelilng that you are going to dissolve from drinking too much tea!

     
  • At August 24, 2007 9:15 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Just about everyone I know is unwell with some virus or other - please rest and take care of yourself, it's important not just to 'push through it'.

    The Cambio is looking sparkly and delightful :)

    (((hugs)))

     
  • At August 24, 2007 10:01 pm, Blogger Lin Collins said…

    The cambio is gorgeous. I hope you're flu free soon, and if you find it please don't frog the clapotis. I pushed through and finished mine. It has cheered me through winter and this flu season.

     
  • At August 25, 2007 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello ms sassy...erm.. crankypants,

    I can totally relate to the grumpiness, i've been knocked down by the flu too and it absolutely floored me.

    I wasn't able to get much knitting done at all, i'd be pooped after one needle (16 stitches!!!)

    Your handspun silk is divine, totally worth the 6 weeks.

    and as always, loove the colour.

    feel better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home