BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

if you blinked you'd miss it

Ok, so I just happened to glance at the calender today... and it's over a month since i posted. I suppose the upshot of being completely hopeless is that nobody relies on you too much. But that is a pretty sad upshot really.

Anyway, I turned 24 without incident. i can't see any proper wrinkles yet, but it could be denial on my part.

I was fitted for and ordered my wedding dress, and we found the bridesmaid's frocks.

I had a bad bout of laryngitis which knocked me out for over a week. Much better now though.

I've also been on a healthy-eating and exercise bent and have managed to lose about 3 kg. I know it's cliched, but I'm trying to trim down for the wedding. I feel like I've been trying to lose weight for ages, but now that i actually am trying I realise that before I was only whining about my weight gain but not making any real effort. My health has only really improved enough for a concerted effort recently. I know I'm not huge, but my body doesnt feel like my body anymore and i figure the longer I leave this spare tire the harder it will be to budge.
I feel better for it. I don't know if it's obvious to anyone else, but to me i appear more toned. and my clothes are just that teensiest bit looser. not baggy, but more comfortable. So i intend to keep it up; at least with the Celiac's I can't eat much in the way of cakes, doughnuts, biscuits etc. it's easier to be good when the consequences of eating naughty food is three days on the loo!

I have been knitting.
Chunky Cabled Tam from Knit.1 Fall 2009
Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault
Front pieces of Soap Bubble Wrap from Connie Chang Chinchio Silly Apple Cozy by Casey Newman (my fruit always gets squished when i run for the bus in the morning - this is remarkably effective!)

And yet another BSJ, for a friend of a friend who just had a little red-headed boy.

I have been weaving.
Using Bendigo Rustic 12ply in Pacifica, a birthday gift for my future Mother-in-Law.
And I have been teaching. this is the 6th week of term and all is well. I have some lovely classes and delightful kids.

And as a result of all of the above I am completely exhausted. And it's nearly 10pm which is well and truly my bedtime!

I'll try to be better from now on!

Peace out,
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At March 11, 2009 10:05 pm, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    Wow, you have been busy!

    Te whole wedding dress fitting and ordering sounds very exciting, and I must say, I've been quite enamoured with the soap bubble wrap - I'm really looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

     
  • At March 12, 2009 12:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too am enamoured of the SBWrap!! It looks very nice indeed abut you have done so much knitting!! Glad you have nice classes and you are enjoyingthe year. Hope the voice stays for a while!!!

     
  • At March 12, 2009 8:05 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Yeah, yeah, sure it's been a month, but LOOK AT ALL YOU'VE DONE!!

     
  • At March 13, 2009 8:14 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Ooh exciting month - and I wish I'd managed to fit that much into the same time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home