BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

update on drama

Ok, so thanks for all the support after my last post. It's been really nice to be told that my frustration was justified. So, here's what I've done.

I called up and canceled my regular spot with K. I then asked if there was a spot with L later in the week. No problem.

On Wednesday I was 30 min early so i went and worked out on the cardio equipment before my appointment. I had a slight panic when K arrived 5 mins before my appointment (What if the girl on the desk misunderstood???) but L showed up in time.
I explained to her (gently) that i wanted to see her from now on, and gave her the reasons it wasnt working. I tried really hard to be nice about it, but i think it was pretty obvious how stressed it had made me.

And the best part? I've finally lost 10 kilos since February! I'm not yet at my goal weight, but considering how much of a change there's been to my body in terms of actually having muscle covering now.... I dont know if I'm all that concerned if i don't lose any more. I'm really happy with what I've achieved, and while it'd be nice to look like a fashion model, I also feel healthy for the first time in at least 15 years. I can actually do push-ups now!

And i went to the doctor today and my blood test came back... and it's good news! It's pretty clear that I do have Coeliac's because the change in my blood since September (and the point where i started to do the gluten-free thing) in clear. However, if i want a proper diagnosis i have to eat gluten for a month (!!!!) and then have a biopsy. So, i know what my body does if i accidentally eat a teaspoon of wheat and that's enough of a diagnosis for me :)

There was a slight wedding drama when i discovered that another bridesmaid had bought the wrong dress but she's eternally efficient and the situation was sorted within 24 hours. Basically it bodes well for the wedding: my girls arent going to let anything get in the way of a good day!

It's all feeling very close... 53 days! But things seem to be falling into place. I'm determined to stay positive!

Hope everyone else is well and happy :)

Ms Spider xo

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2009 6:30 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    Hooray - sounds like things are getting back on track!

     
  • At August 11, 2009 6:48 pm, Blogger Leonie said…

    Hooray for you, it's your money and you don't need to be made to feel like crap by someone else when you are paying for it. Congratulations on the weight loss too, that is simply fabulous!

     
  • At August 11, 2009 8:11 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Well done for being positive and standing up for yourself, and well done on achieving your goals!!!

     
  • At August 11, 2009 10:29 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Yep, I know quite a few people who haven't done the eating gluten for a month and then getting tested thing - do they realise people have lives they need to get on with?!

     
  • At August 12, 2009 9:25 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Oh yay you - and did you feel all excited about being assertive? All good - and super yay for the 10kg - I know exactly how hard you have worked for that!

     
  • At August 13, 2009 6:09 pm, Blogger Bec said…

    Yay! Congratulations on all the greatness happening - weight loss, assertive action & the wedding planning.

     
  • At August 13, 2009 6:09 pm, Blogger Bec said…

    Yay! Congratulations on all the greatness happening - weight loss, assertive action & the wedding planning.

     
  • At September 20, 2009 11:13 pm, Blogger HJStuckey said…

    Hey Penny Hadobas, Since your an English teacher can you check out the first post of my song lyric Analysis Blog and tell me if i should change my style of writing the Lyric Analysis or if it is a good way to write.
    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home